Sunday, November 05, 2006

NO on 4, YES on 5 -- exercise your right to breathe oxygen!

How do you begin to debate these issues?

Let's start with personal experience.

I don't like tobacco smoke, and I don't want to smell it, whether I'm drinking, eating, dancing, bowling... I don't want to smell it. EVER.

My mother died at age 66 of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (emphysema). My father died at age 63 of strokes caused by arteriosclerosis. BOTH WERE SMOKERS SINCE THEY WERE TEENAGERS.

My two siblings and I share a common ailment: we all have frequent colds and bronchitis. My parents used to smoke around us in the house, in the car, pretty much all the time. And we HATED it. I have no scientific proof, but it sure looks like our lungs were damaged by secondhand smoke.

I hate tobacco smoke in any form. I don't ever want to have to smell it again, but I don't want to move to California or New York to enjoy the benefits of a smoke-free state.

Smoking kills, regardless of which end of the cigarette you're exposed to. By forcing obnoxious, polluting, littering smokers to smoke in their own homes, I'm exercising my right to BREATHE OXYGEN in public.

WIPE OUT THIS SCOURGE. Don't believe RJ Reynolds and the big tobacco lobby. VOTE AGAINST ISSUE 4. A Smoke less Ohio isn't a Smoke FREE Ohio.

Let's put this issue to bed once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be happy to post your comment if it meets my criteria. Note: my criteria may change. At any time.