Not mentioned in the article is the fact that the leftmedia doesn't want to tarnish the image of their obamessiah. I'm sure they have a "kid gloves" policy to leave their golden boy alone.
"Comedy has been no easier for the phalanx of late-night TV hosts who depend on skewering political leaders for a healthy quotient of their monologues."
"...As yet, no true punch lines have landed."
"Why? the reason cited by most of those involved in the shows is that a fundamental factor is lacking in Obama: A comedic "take" on him, an easy path to an easy laugh, hasn't emerged -- as with the womanizing side of Bill Clinton, the goofy bumbling of George W. Bush or the robotic persona of Al Gore."
In another 'funny' piece on the back page of the fishwrap is an article from The Borowitz Report (also mentioned in today's Patriot Post):
THE LAST WORD
Editor’s Note: The following is satire.
“Saying he is ‘sympathetic to late night comedians’ struggle to find jokes to make about me,’ Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill) today issued a list of official campaign-approved Barack Obama jokes.
The five jokes, which Sen. Obama said he is making available to all comedians free of charge, are as follows:
- Barack Obama and a kangaroo pull up to a gas station. The gas station attendant takes one look at the kangaroo and says, ‘You know, we don’t get many kangaroos here.’ Barack Obama replies, ‘At these prices, I’m not surprised. That’s why we need to reduce our dependence on foreign oil.’
- A traveling salesman knocks on the door of a farmhouse, and much to his surprise, Barack Obama answers the door. The salesman says, ‘I was expecting the farmer’s daughter.’ Barack Obama replies, ‘She’s not here. The farm was foreclosed on because of subprime loans that are making a mockery of the American Dream.’
- A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says, ‘Why the long face?’ Barack Obama replies, ‘His jockey just lost his health insurance, which should be the right of all Americans.’
- Q: What’s black and white and red all over? Barack Obama: ‘The New Yorker magazine, which should be embarrassed after publishing such a tasteless and offensive cover, which I reject and denounce.’
- A Christian, a Jew and Barack Obama are in a rowboat in the middle of the ocean. Barack Obama says, ‘This joke isn’t going to work because there’s no Muslim in this boat’.” —Andy Borowitz
I'm issuing a Fatwa to come up with good Obamessiah jokes (non-racial). I'm sure we can come up with some, but I'll be willing to bet the Leftmedia will never publish anything remotely funny or truly critical.