Five years ago today, someone--still unknown--sent lettersRead the entire article at Michelle Malkin's website.
laced with anthrax to the NYPost and NBC News. Two more letters, postmarked
October 9, 2001, were sent to Sens. Tom Daschle and Pat Leahy with even more
refined ("weaponized") anthrax:
The CDC mapped the mail flow of anthrax letters, which included several more inferred from infection patterns uncovered by investigators:
In all 22 people were infected. Five were killed:
- Bob Stevens, 63, picture editor of the Sun newspaper, died on 5 October in Boca Raton, Florida. Anthrax spores were found on his computer keyboard
- Thomas Morris Jr, 55, Washington, worked at the Brentwood office which handled an anthrax-laced letter sent to Senator Tom Daschle
- Joseph Curseen, 47, worked at the same office
- Kathy Nguyen, 61, worked in a New York hospital
- Ottilie Lundgren, 94, lived in a rural community in Connecticut. Her case and that of Ms Nguyen are the only ones that have not been traced to tainted mail
I will not submit. I will not forget.