Of the 46 million reported as "uninsured" by the media:
- About 85 percent of Americans have health insurance (according to the US Census).
- 10 million are non-US citizens (= illegal aliens?)
- Many young workers simply do not want to buy health insurance from their employers. According to the Census, 18.3 million uninsured are under the age of 35.
- More than 14 million uninsured earn more than $50,000 per year, about half of them more than $75,000 per year. Apparently, they simply choose to not purchase insurance.
- More than 14 million uninsured Americans are eligible for existing government health care programs but don't take advantage of it.
- A Georgetown University study revealed that 7 out of 10 uninsured children could get coverage under Medicaid or state health programs if their parents chose to enroll.
By my count, that leaves about 4 million without insurance. Anybody can receive medical treatment by visiting an emergency room (thanks to a law passed in 1968).
Rush Limbaugh has been saying the Affordable Health Care Choices Act of 2009 isn't about health care at all... it's about government control. In the hands of Obama and his czars. And he is correct.
Fuck em. Get armed, get trained (in martial arts, in firearms use, anything that will help you when the shit hits the fan), get organized, get informed.