Monday, October 30, 2006

Truer words were never spoken...

Favorite Quotes from The Gipper, Ronald Reagan, 40th President of the United States of America:

From the Patriot Post Archive:
"Sometimes it seems [the news media] are less interested in legitimate news than they are in proving their knowledge and wisdom is superiorthan ours. The most frustrating thing is when I have the facts to provethem wrong but cannot reveal those facts without endangering securityor wrecking some plan we're engaged in."

From The Quotations Page:
"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."
[Said during a radio microphone test, 1984]

Also from the Quotations Page:
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

From Brainyquote.com:
"Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged."

Also from Brainyquote.com:
"I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress."

And one more from Brainyquote.com, just because it's too good:
"Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong."
If only we had a leader with his vision and strength today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be happy to post your comment if it meets my criteria. Note: my criteria may change. At any time.