Sunday, September 17, 2006

I Support the Pope!

HIS HOLINESS BENEDICT XVI
Although unintentionally, he's set off a firestorm of hate mongering in the islamic world. Here's a link to the official text of Pope Benedict's speech. He was quoting from a discussion by the erudite Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus:

"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

So far, he has apologized only for upsetting the heathens of islam, not for the comments themselves. Of course, the leaders of the Religion of Peace™ are calling for a personal apology, or alternately, his head.

I think we should send US troops to protect the pope. He is the one last major vestige of our civilized West that represents everything NOT islamic. And he's not giving in.

I guess Rosie was right. Those Christian extremists are dangerous.

Right on, Holy Father. You're in my prayers today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be happy to post your comment if it meets my criteria. Note: my criteria may change. At any time.